Monday 30 April 2012

Day 114, 30 April: Into Study Mode


Norfolk Terrace, UEA, Norwich, Day 114. Into Study Mode

      As my way of starting off the study week, I joined Charlie and we set off for the library. Once we were there, it only took about twenty minutes for Charlie to realize something: we were sitting next to a guy that I’d like to call ‘The Breathing Man’. He breathed nasally at every intake of air, as he sipped up the words of some research book on Milton. Well that’s my notion—Charlie believes he really was on his phone the whole time.
      By lunch I headed back and got a nice bit of studying done on William Blake’s representation of childhood in Songs of Innocence and of Experience. The day was warm and sunny outside, but I stayed inside, out of habit mostly. I took the night off from studying and uploaded all the Europe trip photos from Amsterdam all the way to Lisbon, Portugal.  349 pictures, and it took forever actually, with the tagging and individually locating half an album if it covered two different cities.
      In the evening I called up Katya (skype-mobile connection) and also had interesting talks in the kitchen with Jen as she described that hippos sink because their legs consist largely of just bone. Dinner was good and I actually cooked at 6. Ha, Gemma! And apparently Alvin and Charlie were also aware of this odd change from my usual 9 o’clock dinner. The night drifted on and Vinnie was asleep before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment