Saturday 28 April 2012

Day 112, 28 April: Lazy Saturday


Norfolk Terrace, UEA, Norwich, Day 112. Lazy Saturday

The day was full of rain and big incentives to stay indoors. Charlie and I had separately considered running, but we had both come to our own conclusions that the rain was just too much. Neither did we go to the library today, which was another idea, because the library has become an overstuffed pin cushion of people at every seat, on every floor, and every computer.
       Charlie did manage to go out a little today and he saw a famous Rugby player on campus today, Toby Flood, the fly half for the Leichester Tigers. He didn’t want to draw too much attention to him, so he simply went up, shook Toby’s hand, wished him luck in getting to Finals [since Charlie has tickets for that game] and was off. As much as he regrets not getting a picture with him, he approached the situation quite tactfully.
Charlie said this was the best dish he's
seen me make. Aww, thanks, Charlie.
        After my decisions to neither run nor go to the library, I decided to stay in the flat today. I finished Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness, for the second time (read it in tenth grade), and still found it hard to get through. I breezed through the last four episodes of How I Met Your Mother Season 5, but the bulk of the day, or night rather, was spent playing guitar and chatting with Katya. And reading a bit more of another literature novel. My fingers and eyes were dry and burning by the time I rested my head down for bed.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment